#1 Reflect & Showcase

Week 1: Reflect on the first class, including any takeaways & share two truths and a lie.


Image result for image of woman thinking
Reflect:

  After attending the first class I was surprised to discover the similarities between this course and other previous courses, such as language acquisition and diagnostic and corrective reading. This first session appeared to be a mini review of those classes and their key points. One example of such review was the five components of reading, which consist of phonics, phonemic awareness, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension. Another key point consisted of the main components of language arts: listening, speaking, reading, writing, viewing, and visually representing. The final point I found to be important was Debbie Miller's point of modeling. We often tell students what to do; however, it is just as important to show them what to do.

Two truths & a lie:

I have broken both my arms twice.
I have been to Mexico four times.
I have cut my pinky finger off.

Comments

  1. If it was your pinky finger ouch but I am going for the lie as broken your army twice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going with that you have not gone to Mexico four times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is indeed Mexico! I am fortunate enough to have been twice. Unfortunately though, the pinky is true. When I was about six, my finger was in the hinge of a door and my cousin closed it, cutting off my finger. On the bright side, my aunt shoved it in a bag of ice, and now the only remaining evidence is a scar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I was right! Wow! That is a crazy story about you finger. When I was 5 my sister and I were throwing a ball around and I ran to get the ball, hitting my head and biting my tongue nearly off. I had to get stiches. On the plus side my grandma bought me GI Joes and I had Jello for a few weeks. haha

      Delete
  4. I have been to Mexico at least four times and am going again in December. It's a fabulous place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very sorry to hear about all of your ouches. How in the word did you break your arm twice and cut off a pinky finger. My uncle lost his bailing hay. Literally through a bail and the ring he had on caught and the finger went with the bail.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#3 Teaching Vocabulary