#2 Word Walls


Word Walls


     I LOVE WORD WALLS. Is there a better way to review and glance back at the year than a word wall? I love the convenience for students, the ability to easily edit, and the variations a word wall may possess. In my own classroom, I intend on having a word wall for each content area. The goal is to have an area in my classroom dedicated to each subject so that students are able to close one tab and open another by focusing in on the key vocabulary and objectives for the day in a consistent area. This also allows students to have access to a wide vocabulary throughout the year, without the fear of a word "going away." Students are consistently seeing the same words as well as being introduced to words in all content areas. Ideally, this will encourage students to increase their reading, writing, and speaking vocabulary in a more natural setting. 


Resources:



Comments

  1. The idea of a math word wall is very clever. I had not even thought of that. But math has its only language both in words and in symbols. This will be something that I will want to think some more about. Thank you for the resource.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that word walls make content readily available for students. I agree our classrooms should student-centered. Everything should be focused on enhancing the learning experience for our kiddos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#3 Teaching Vocabulary